Saturday, August 9, 2008

New Polling Data

Last night I was watching Countdown with Keith Oberlmann and I saw a segment he did, I want to say it was the number one or two story, about this individual that has a different way of looking at poll data. This man, and I do not mean to leave out his name, does baseball analysis and has been very successful doing it. He said that the Chicago Cubs would finish in a certain place but also that they would be 72-90. He hit both of them. In the baseball world, a number of people look to this guy to give them insight on how teams will do. He has brought that type of insight and knowledge into political polling. He indicates that the election will come down to a 296.3 for Obama and 241.7 for McCain in the electoral college. Now, we all know that you can not have a person that is .3 or .7 but this is an average of a number of polls and some complicated math. I invite you to go and look at the research at the link below. I have been looking at polling data for some time but this is like nothing I have ever seen.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

No comments: