Saturday, August 9, 2008

Update: Wal Mart and the Election

I do not normally look to articles to re-enforce my own opinions after I have put them out there to be discussed. I usually have already done some reading and form my opinion and pass it along. However, this time I came across and article by Daniel Gross in Newsweek about 3 days after I posted my opinion on Wal Mart's indoctrination of its' employees during this election cycle. I have put the link to the article at the bottom. It does say that we are having issues in the labor movement with membership and that we do not carry as much weight as we used to in the past. Albeit I disagree with his summation on our situation but we still wield a great deal of power. I would ask him to attend the labor Caucasus at the State and National Democratic Conventions and he might have a different view. With that being said, he hit it right on the nose with what Wal Mart is doing. I do not write this as a vindication of my opinion but to provide evidence that Wal Mart Executives are, for lack of a better term, evil for what they are trying to do to their workers. It is because of this evil we, as labor, need to humble them. Those workers deserve better for all of the profits they have made. On the discussion of profits, I found it almost hysterical if not completely ironic that Wal Mart had the best profits while a Democrat resided in White House. I will leave it to you read the article and draw your own conclusions.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/150945

If you have an issue with getting to the link because they do expire, go to www.newsweek.com and type in Unions in the search window.

No comments: