Saturday, August 2, 2008

Wal Mart and The Election

People often ask me why I do not shop in Wal Mart and some even give me a hard time because one happened to be partially Union built. I always tell them the same thing, "I will not do business with people that want to act like the "landlord" over their employees and violate their rights." Now, the Wall Street Journal has given me more evidence of the absolute tyrannical way Wal Mart will operate with regards to its' employees. I read that Wal Mart and SEIU were working "together" to push congress for a a national health care plan. I wonder if Wal Mart knows that the person they are fearful of getting president might actually be the one to get them a national health care plan? I would imagine they do which brings me to may next point. Why would anyone want to do business with a company that is willing to destroy itself in order to keep a Union out? I have wonder if the leadership of that company is either sane or has any moral fiber in its collective body. Now the article said that the company did not completely break the law but witnesses state that it was clear to get the interpretation. I wonder what Wal Mart will do next? They have already had tapes of top executives acting out to prove their repeated thoughts on the disparagement of women employees, they are repeatedly being called down for violating child labor laws and it was proven they were and continuing to do business with sweat shops in South Pacific Territories of the United States. I hear a number of people that say they can not shop any where else. I say that is wrong. In my own house hold we decided to test it out and after a month it was cheaper to by groceries at a local grocery store (United) than Wal Mart by about 50-60 dollars over that month. I feel that some form of action is needed against Wal Mart other than just picketing or e-mailing their corporate office. I think a large amount of Union Members from Locals of different Unions should all show up at a Wal Mart wearing their Unions t-shirt or shirt of some kind and enter the Wal Mart and spread out. Walk around for 10-15 minutes and all meet back outside with out buying one thing. This should continue for about the next month. Then the letter campaigns could start showing how really stupid Wal Mart executives really can be. I do not say stupid to cause some issue with name calling. Stupid is having the knowledge and not doing better with it.
The Moral of this-Union Members need to REALLY boycott Wal Mart and cause them as much grief as possible. They do not have the right to tell their employees how to vote.

No comments: